Jack Delivers For Us
Making a Difference
Economic and Community Development
- Promoted mixed-income communities and affordable housing projects to allow more home ownership among city residents.
- Bringing jobs to Baltimore by playing an instrumental role in transforming vacant spaces into workplaces, supporting mixed-use developments and exploring local hiring programs.
- Advocated for zoning code changes to strengthen community rights in redevelopment projects.
Council President Jack Young introduced legislation that creates a local supplement to the state's Homeowners Tax Credit Program. The program will provide additional financial assistance to Baltimore's senior citizens.
Strengthening Baltimore's Communities
- Successfully fought to keep city pools open during the entire 2010 summer season.
- Established P.L.A.Y (Productive Lives, Active Youth) campaign through the partnerships with National Hockey League, Washington Wizards and others. P.L.A.Y provides opportunities for Baltimore's youth to develop leadership and confidence skills.
- Donated his cost of living pay increase to the Baltimore City Department of Recreation and Parks.